Looking for a really easy and simple vegan fudge recipe with minimal ingredients? You're in luck! This peanut butter fudge recipe contains no animal products, has only 4 ingredients and doesn't require any heating or baking!
It's so easy - anyone can make it!
Plus it uses delicious raw cacao which has lots of health benefits. Since discovering the benefits of cacao powder and how it's a healthy chocolate, I have been using it in so many recipes to make delicious sweet treats for me and my children. Even my kids are now used to the richer taste of dark chocolate and love cacao in homemade chocolate milkshakes and recipes like this!
Read on to discover how easy it is to make this healthy fudge at home!
4 ingredient vegan chocolate peanut butter freezer fudge (no bake)
- 1/2 Mug Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Mug Cacao
- 1 Mug Soaked Pitted Dates
- 1/4 Mug Smooth Peanut Butter (1/4 Small Meridian Jar!)
Originally I wrote this recipe with a pinch of salt too, but I don't think you really need it. I'm not overly fussed by salty tastes. Add it if you like or skip it to keep the salt content low!
- Simply pop all these ingredients into a blender and pulse until reasonably smooth.
- Pop into a freezable tray - I used a 5x5 inch.
- Set in the fridge and then score into chunks. Transfer to freezer.
Give it one hour or so and then enjoy!
What are the health benefits of raw cacao?
Raw cacao powder is similar to cocoa powder, but it is cold pressed and much more unrefined. Therefore it is a lot better for you as it retains many of the nutrients that would otherwise be lost when a lot of processing occurs.
Cocoa powder is usually heated by roasting which reduces its nutritional value.
Cacao is a superfood as it has a very high nutrient content, including many antioxidants.
Here are some of the health benefits of cacao powder:
- More antioxidants than red wine and green tea
- A rich source of minerals, especially magnesium
- Also a source of vitamins including vitamin C
- They contain Omega-6 fatty acids
- Can make you feel good thanks to its phenethylamine (PEA which is a neurotransmitter responsible for the feeling of love) and serotonin content
- It has a low GI so won’t spike your blood sugar levels
- Boosts energy and therefore reduces fatigue
Can I use cocoa?
More delicious & healthy recipes
Pin for later!