Delicious Watermelon, Nectarine, Plum, Apple & Baobab Juice
1 Tablespoon Aduna Baobab Powder
Watermelon is great for juicing as so much juice is produced! My juicer jug nearly overflowed with these ingredients! I chopped it up into manageable chunks for the juicer and juiced all the fruit. Next I blitzed it with my Nutri Ninja blender and added the baobab powder to thoroughly mix this in. It’s not so nice if you just mix it in with a spoon! It really needs to be blended. I had to split the mixture in three to blend as it makes a large amount!
I wanted to use up some watermelon we had leftover so decided to just use the whole lot and keep a jug of this delicious melon drink in the fridge for a couple of days.
Watermelon has so many benefits and is the perfect summer fruit thanks to being super juicy! Here are some of my favourite watermelon facts:
- Their water content is around 92%
- ‘Watermelon is a very good source of vitamin C. It is also a good source of pantothenic acid, copper, biotin, potassium, vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids), vitamin B1, vitamin B6, and magnesium’ (source - www.whfoods.com)
- Watermelon is high in lypocene which may protect against heart disease, cancer and the skin from harmful UV rays. It may contain the highest levels of lypocene of any fresh fruit and vegetable
- July is ‘National Watermelon Month’ in the US
- 300+ varieties of melon are grown in the US and Mexico, but watermelon is the most popular
- The rind is edible as well as the flesh
- It’s classed as a fruit and a vegetable