Being inspired by a great recent Twitter chat by Mumsnet called #familymoments which asked what people were most surprised by when they had a child, I decided to write this blog post so you are perhaps not surprised, but a little more prepared!
Having a baby is a big decision and here are lots of things to know before having a baby.
So, you want to have a baby? Be prepared for...
Here are a few things you will need to be prepared for!
- Endless amounts of washing
- How normal it becomes to talk about poo
- Having a never ending to do list
- Changing several outfits per day on you/baby due to food/sick/wee/poo
- Wondering if you'll ever get a good night's sleep again
- Feeling tired. All. The. Time.
- Being given advice from anyone and everyone about how to raise a child
- Saying 'it goes so fast/they grow so fast' at least a zillion times
- Having an audience when you shower/wee/cook/clean/anything...
- Drinking cold cups of tea
- Taking up to 45 minutes just to leave the house
- Watching reruns of Peppa Pig for at least three years
- Becoming a taxi, PA, cook, cleaner, dietician, nurse, doctor, teacher, carer...
But, that’s not all!
You must also be prepared for…
- Feeling the most love & happiness you have ever felt for anyone ever
- Having the best, most rewarding job in the world
- Never being bored again
- Finding simple things so incredible again
- Appreciating time with your partner or by yourself so much more
- Laughing and smiling every day
- Feeling the most pleasure you can ever imagine when your children smile/laugh/learn something/be themselves/hug you, etc
- Seeing the world through a tiny persons eyes and how much amazement it holds
- Enjoying life so much more
- Not being able to put into words how much you truly adore your children
Because, really, having children is the most amazing experience ever :)
More kids blog posts
More baby blog posts
Family finance tips
Pin for later!