Reuben 12-13 months
My baby is no longer my baby, but a toddler! Please, if you have the capability, slow down time! I’m not sure exactly when they become toddlers, some seem to say once they are a one year old, others when they are walking. I’m sure Reuben will be walking in a couple of weeks , but even though he hasn’t let go of our hands just yet, he’s still not really a baby anymore *insert sad face*.
I kept some notes of what Reuben has been doing between 12 and 13 months:
- Walking with walker or holding both hands
- Pushes himself along on his sit on trike
- Say’s ‘hiya’ on pretend phone, or in fact any object which he picks up and uses as a phone!
- Loves building with his Mega Bloks – able to build big towers or group lots together
- Still obsessed with putting things in and out – loves getting his Mega Bloks out, but loves helping to put them back away in the bag
- Eats pretty much everything we eat unless really hard or super chewy (e.g I won’t give him dates)
- Tears food apart, such as toast, so he can manage it. Means we can give him larger pieces of things
- Rocks to the song ‘Row Row Row Your Boat’ and screams to the crocodile
- Becomes jealous when Bella is on me, near me or comes over to me if I’m holding him. Starts squealing and bashing her away!
- Still a Mummy’s boy and will always want me over anyone else or if I enter the room
- Gives cuddles and says ‘aaaaaah’, will now give kisses too
- Waves bye-bye
- Points to what he wants e.g. his drink or more food off the table
- Says Mama