Reuben 14-16 months
Oh gosh! Just found this unpublished blog post in my Word documents. OOPS. Things have been busy with summer hols, etc. Reuben is now 17.5 months, but here’s what he did between 14 and 16 months. I’ll make sure I add a new one soon as lots more exciting things have been happening.
- Crawls around with a pouting face constantly
- Never played with his ball pit in his bedroom. I’ve moved it to the living room and he loves to climb in and just sit in the middle!
- Can feed self pretty well with a spoon. When he wants to! Still refuses for us to help unless it’s his favourite fruit pot.
- Says mama, Bella, hiya and lots of where and gah noises
- Had his first hair cut! The fringe and by his ears was getting quite long so I tried to cut it. It looked awful (!) so Ben got the clippers out once home from work and we cut his baby hair for the first time. He’s beat Bella to a hair cut! Hers grows so slowly. Reuben now looks like a proper boy and even less babyish!
- Reuben isn’t walking yet, but has stood up in the middle of the garden by himself and taken a few wobbly steps! He wants to walk around constantly holding onto one of our hands, so he’s definitely got walking on the mind!
- He loves tumbling around with us on the floor! I don’t remember Bella doing this so much. If I lie down you can guarantee a Reubs will immediately crawl over head first into me for a little rough and tumble play!! He’ll also just climb on and start jumping up and down.
- He’s still so cuddly which is simply lush! He’s very good at getting on with playing by himself for a long time, but every now and then will come over for a cuddle.
- He’s also come out of the mummy’s boy stage a little more and won’t want me instantly when I enter a room.
- Favourite foods are pasta & Organix blueberry fruit pots by far. But he loves scrumptious home cooked comfort meals such as spaghetti bolognese (veggie) jacket potato and lasagne. He’ll wolf down all three! & he does love pizza. He nearly jumps out of his high chair when he sees it coming to the table on a Friday evening!
- He’s cut a new tooth! One at the back on his right. It looks like it’s nearly all the way through. I thought it was a bit of food, then realised it’s a tooth! It’s so hard to get in his mouth to look, so I had no idea. So, unless there’s any more I’ve not seen, that’s 7 teeth!