How much money do I make from blogging?
March 2017 Blog Income: £1422.86
EEEEEEEK! I made way over £1000 with my blog in March and my target was only a modest £500 so I am super chuffed! Can I officially call myself a full time blogger now? I am spending around 50 hours per week on my blog so I guess that qualifies! I have this fear that if I get too excited then it will all stop and the work will run dry. I guess that’s a big fear for every self-employed person/freelancer.
I did take the plunge and reduce my evening cleaning shifts from five nights to only three. I could finish altogether, but because of the fear above I’m not ready to take that risk just yet. It’s also great exercise! I started three shifts only at the beginning of March and I’ve put on half a stone since! I guess it’s six hours less exercise a week. So I think I may keep up with it as long as possible just for the exercise!
Amazingly I’m also still owed £295 for blog posts I’ve completed so this is a nice start to my April blog income. I only include the amounts I was actually paid within the month in my totals.
I’ve just checked my Google Adsense and I’ve finally reached the £60 threshold for a payment, so this may come in April too. It’s taken me ONE YEAR to reach the £60 so I’m making a whopping £5 a month from Google ads! I just have one in my footer now so I’m not making the most of them, but I also don’t want to plaster them all over my website. Especially for so little return! I guess the people killing it with Google ads have ridiculously high traffic.
Most of my income this month was through sponsored blog posts and reviews. £25 was from an advert on my ads page and £60.34 was an affiliate payment.
March 2017 Google Analytics
My stats have increased very slightly again:
Page Views: 15520 (Feb: 14500)(Jan: 12300)
Sessions: 9025 (Feb: 8167 )(Jan: 6600)
New Users: 4704 (Feb: 4600) (Jan: 4400)
I'm number 13 out of 8000 parent bloggers in the Tots 100 chart for March 2017. This will update soon for April so the number may change! I’ll be amazed if I’m still in the top 100. I still can’t believe I am.
I haven’t been noting these down, so I’ll start now! I’m really concentrating on my Instagram this year to increase followers. I’d love to hit 7500 by the end of the year. I never work on my Pinterest, hence the smallest number. I literally just post my images there once I post a new blog post and leave it be. One day I will learn how to optimise all my descriptions and give my boards a good clean up! Twitter is still my favourite channel and I use Social Oomph to schedule tweets so I’m visible there all day. I also check my notifications a few times a day to reply to comments. Every now and then I’ll have a little retweeting spree too.
Instagram: 4402 (Feb: 3150)
Did I Achieve My March Blogging Goals?
- Increase Instagram followers by 250 – ooh yes thrashed this one!
- Instagram at least once every other day – nope – I’ve still been bad at trying to post a pic all the time. My life just isn’t that exciting!
- Make £500 from blogging – yes I whooped this one!
- Change all ads to affiliate ads – Almost! I’ve around 30 blog posts to change and I also decided to leave just one Google ad in my footer
- Have a blog spring clean and clear out old irrelevant posts – yes I did this and I think I’m happy with all the content left. I may just go through some of the older posts and tidy them up/bulk them out/improve the writing
- Add internal links, check image descriptions and add keywords to at least 20 posts – yes I definitely did 20 of these, maybe more like 40-50
- Research SEO for blogs – I watched a video and read a little. It’s still a minefield to me, but I’ll be implementing some things this month.
- Send out new blog posts daily via newsletter to test if it increases click through rate – yes I’ve started sending daily newsletters and I need to check the click through rate as I’ve not really looked yet.
- Run two blog giveaways – yes I ran more than this – check out my Giveaway link in my menu bar ^^^
- Revise Social Oomph blog updates – I’ve revised a few, but I really need to go through the whole lot and change the hashtags and titles
April Blogging Goals:
- Increase Instagram followers by 500
- Make £500 from blogging
- Create a catchy blog heading and add intro paragraph to every blog post before the first image (at least 50 blog posts)
- Continue adding internal links 2-3 per blog post (at least 50 blog posts)
- Run two giveaways
- Revise Social Oomph blog updates
Want to know how I find paid opportunities? Click: 4 ways to find paid blog opportunities