7 easy ways to spruce up your garden
Do you find that you spend most of your time indoors because you simply don’t enjoy being in your garden? Maybe it is small and cluttered? Perhaps it simple doesn’t tempt you to grab a chair and enjoy your outdoor surroundings? We should all spend more time outside, and it is certainly a shame to let this all-important part of your home go to waste. Read on to discover some quick tips on creating a garden that makes you want to spend more time outside.
- Get rid of old, tired plants - There is only one place to begin, and this is with getting rid of plants that look tired. Don’t hold back. If you have plants that lack vigour and aren’t adding anything to the look and feel of your garden, get rid of them and replace with a new healthy plant.
- Make your garden seem bigger - A lot of people don’t enjoy spending time in their garden because they feel that it is too small and cramped. This is a problem that can easily be fixed. There are many different ways you can make your garden seem bigger than it is, including unifying spaces using hardscape, selecting open-patterned furniture, lining walkways with gravel, and incorporating hanging baskets into your garden design. For more tips on creating space when you don’t have any, click here.
- Create a shady spot - Perhaps the reason you don’t like sitting in your garden is that you don’t like being underneath direct sun? This is easily fixed with a parasol. Not only will this create a cool, shaded area for relaxing, but it enables you to add beauty and colour to your outside space too.
- Clean your pots - Get a brush, grab a bucket and fill it with a small amount detergent and some warm water, and clean all of your patio pots. This will give your garden a real lift. Or, if you want to go one step further, why not paint your plant pots to give them a new look?
- Invest in some new garden furniture - One of the easiest ways to make your garden more inviting is to buy some new garden furniture. Oakita rattan furniture is a popular choice, boasting a rustic design and offering plenty of comfort. After all, who is going to want to sit outside if their chair is uncomfortable?
- Get the lighting right - Invest in stylish, decorative lighting. You don’t need to break the bank. Oversized lanterns with a Moroccan vibe look incredible, and they are available at great prices too.
- Put a border around your lawn - Finally, putting border edging around your lawn is a great way to stop mulch or soil from spilling onto the grass, as well as keeping invasive plants where they belong.
So there you have it; seven great ways that you can make your garden more welcoming and a joy to be in. If you follow the advice mentioned above, you are sure to spend much more time enjoying the beautiful outdoors.