Gosh, I feel more autumny than ever this year and earlier I’m sure. Normally I cling onto summer, but this year I am ready for the cooler weather to set in and autumn to officially begin. Maybe it’s because the summer started so early and we had a long heatwave? I feel satisfied with summer for once in the UK. I don’t particularly like the cold weather, but I do hate this in-between stage where the temperature raises and drops so much every day and you’ve no idea if you’re hot or cold all day! I think I’d rather have a summer, then winter, just like that. No in-between seasons, though they are pretty to see the changes outside.
Here are 27 reasons I personally know that autumn is here:
- I can see my breath early in the morning.
- My bedroom window is covered in condensation in the morning (it’s a bit like a waterfall, quite gross actually, I need a new window!)
- I’ve already worn my bobble hat and blanket scarf.
- It smells like bonfires outside.
- The kids have been collecting conkers.
- The conker tree has shed all its leaves already.
- The heating has kicked in as temperatures have dropped below our thermostat level.
- I’ve been considering lighting the log burner.
- I’ve started sleeping in my jogging bottoms quite comfortably.
- All I want to drink in the evenings is hot chocolate (I go for almond milk with raw cacao and maca – yummy).
- My garden is out of bounds (well, it’s not really, but I just have no interest in being in one place outside and being cold).
- Having goose-bumps becomes a regular part of my day.
- I start really looking forward to Christmas.
- I’ve done all my Christmas shopping (seriously, all wrapped in the attic… just cards to buy and write nearer the time!)
- For the morning school run I’m in my bobble hat, for the afternoon one a t-shirt with jeans and flip flops is fine.
- I’m wearing layers and I really have no idea what to wear. Too hot if the sun comes out, but freezing if it goes.
- It’s no longer refreshing to walk on our hard floors at home, but instead I want to hop over them quickly like they were burning coals, but cold ones! Now I need fluffy socks to walk around at home.
- My showers are longer and hotter.
- The fluffy throws are out and on the sofas.
- I’m lighting scented candles daily.
- I’m driving around with my car lights on most of the day and definitely late afternoon.
- Extra blankets are on the beds.
- Instead of fruit for breakfast, I’m craving porridge and lots of hot drinks!
- My TOMS are making less of an appearance and instead I have boot socks and boots on (I love the Blowfish vegan leather boots).
- My thick winter coat has been worn more than once.
- I’ve booked the chimney sweep.
- The kids are wearing vests daily.
There we have it. 27 reasons that I personally know autumn is here! Roll on fireworks night!