No cook raw brownies - super chewy!
Being vegan doesn't have to mean giving up chocolate!
In fact, with raw cacao powder there are so many exciting and delicious no bake cacao recipes you can make, including raw brownies and even chocolate cakes!
It's really easy to make these 5 ingredient no bake raw vegan brownies and they'll satisfy any chocolate craving you might be having. They don't even require any baking!
Raw vegan brownies are not the same as regular sugar filled and animal product containing brownies. No, they don't taste the same. Instead raw brownies are made with all natural ingredients (fruits, nuts and seeds) quite rightly have their own taste and own style.
Calling them 'raw' means they are made with natural wholesome ingredients in their original form and the ingredients don't need to be cooked. This means they retain as many nutrients as possible.
Some of the tastiest vegan brownie recipes call for the luxurious and very expensive medjool dates, but I have made this raw brownie recipe without medjool dates and they are still super delicious!
Read on to make your own easy vegan raw brownies at home.
Delicious no bake raw vegan brownies recipe
- 2 cups soaked pitted dates
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup almonds
Super chewy vegan brownies!
What are the health benefits of raw cacao?
Raw cacao powder is similar to cocoa powder, but it is cold pressed and much more unrefined. Therefore it is a lot better for you as it retains many of the nutrients that would otherwise be lost when a lot of processing occurs.
Cocoa powder is usually heated by roasting which reduces its nutritional value.
Cacao is a superfood as it has a very high nutrient content, including many antioxidants.
Here are some of the health benefits of cacao powder:
- More antioxidants than red wine and green tea
- A rich source of minerals, especially magnesium
- Also a source of vitamins including vitamin C
- They contain Omega-6 fatty acids
- Can make you feel good thanks to its phenethylamine (PEA which is a neurotransmitter responsible for the feeling of love) and serotonin content
- It has a low GI so won’t spike your blood sugar levels
- Boosts energy and therefore reduces fatigue