Summer is by far the best time of year for having fun with your look. You can embrace trends and wear the clothes you want without having to worry about keeping warm, or wearing practical footwear due to rain and snow!
With the hottest months of the year on the way, here’s how you can perfect your summer look. Read on for some of the top summer tips for skin, hair and clothes.
Skin tips for summer
Summer is the time of year when we spend a lot of time outdoors. The sun is shining, the air is warm and everything just seems to be perfect. However, there are some downsides to this season as well. For example, our skin can suffer from overexposure to UV rays that can lead to sunburns and other skin problems.
Therefore, it's important for us to take care of our skin in summer. The sun’s rays combined with air con and being in and out of the pool or sea can lead to it feeling dry. But the last thing you want when it’s warm is to be piling on loads of greasy (albeit hydrating) moisturising products. To get around this, your best bet is to keep your daytime routine as light as possible. A light moisturiser, facial oil or serum will absorb quickly and sit under makeup without leaving your skin feeling clogged or looking oily.
Then at night, opt for something much richer. It will soak into your skin as you sleep, and you’ll wake up feeling baby soft. Adding face masks to your routine is a great way to give your skin a boost of hydration when it needs it. And a gentle exfoliator will scrub off any dead skin cells and leave your complexion looking much more fresh and vibrant.
And of course, it goes without saying that SPF should be applied every day. Not only does the sun cause premature aging and age spots, but can cause cancer too. Be sure to choose a natural sun lotion without bad ingredients. If you are going in the sea then opt for a coral safe option.
Makeup tips for summer
During the autumn and winter, it’s all about the dark and vampy reds, plums and burgundies for lips and even eyes. During the spring and summer, it’s a time to lighten it up and go with something far fresher and more natural. We all know that makeup is not the best thing to wear in the summer. But, what are some good makeup products that you can use in the summer? The products that you use should be light and natural looking. Here are some ideas:
- Lash serum: This product is a great substitute for mascara because it gives your eyelashes a thick, full look without clumping. Lash serum helps them grow longer and stronger to give you fuller lashes without needing makeup, so you can ditch the mascara in the summer and opt for your very own natural boosted lashes. Lash serum is applied to the eyes to help stimulate the growth of eyelashes. It is said that this product can help your lashes grow up to three times faster than they would without it. It’s a good product to use during the summer because it will keep your lashes from getting brittle and breaking. Lash serum can be applied to your lashes before bedtime. This will ensure that your lashes are protected from the day’s heat that can dry them out.
- Lipsticks: The best lipsticks to wear in the summer are those that are long-wearing, moisturizing, and have a high-pigment. These lipsticks will stay on your lips for hours without smudging or fading. You can find lipsticks with moisturising formulas that will not dry out your lips. Choose long lasting and waterproof so they will not come off when you are swimming or sweating outside. Certain colors like reds and oranges look great on summer skin tones. These colors can also help boost your mood during this time of year. However, if you have a darker complexion then bright pinks or light peaches might be better suited for you. It’s important to know what colors will look good on you before choosing your lipstick shade.
- Foundation: A light foundation or BB cream will give a little coverage while allowing your natural skin to show through. Perfect if you have a bit of a tan and your freckles have come out- show off your beautiful sun-kissed complexion! Or skip it altogether and let your natural sunkissed skin show in the summer.
- Bronzer: Ditch the heavy contour, warm up the face with just a touch of illuminating bronzer on a big brush instead for a gorgeous bronzed goddess look. Bronzer is an essential part of every makeup collection. It can be used on your face, neck, and chest to get that desired sunkissed look. It’s important to know how and where you should apply bronzer in order for it not to look too artificial or too heavy. The best way to wear bronzer in the summer is to use a lighter formula that will not look too heavy on your skin.
Fashion tips for summer
Summer is the season of fun and sun. It’s the time when we get to wear our favourite clothes and spend time with family and friends. But what should we wear?
The best fashion in the summer is a mix of light and airy dresses, shorts, and skirts. It’s important to wear clothes that are light and airy. That means you should avoid wearing heavy fabrics like wool or denim. Instead, wear clothes made from cotton or linen. The best way to combine these materials is by wearing a dress with a cotton skirt or shorts with a linen shirt.
Boho and festival fashion is always popular during the summer, and it’s something you can get on board with even if you’re not jetting off to Coachella! Cute denim shorts with an off the shoulder gypsy top is perfect for a casual summer day look. Finish with a fedora, a kaftan and gladiator sandals. If you want to get in a bit of that famous festival fringing, how about a fringed cross-body bag. Pop on your sunglasses, a statement necklace, and some stacked bangles, and you’re good to go.
Hair care tips for summer
With the summer season in full swing, it is important to take care of your hair. Here are some tips and tricks for a hair care regime that will keep your hair looking healthy and shiny all summer long.
- Moisturize your hair by applying a leave-in conditioner or a moisturizing cream before you wash your hair every day. This will help to prevent breakage and dryness.
- Don't wash your hair every day - you should be washing it once or twice a week, depending on how much natural oil is on your scalp. If you do wash it everyday, use a mild shampoo without sulfates (SLS or SLES) to avoid drying out the follicles in your scalp.
- Use an at-home deep conditioner once or twice a week to help repair the damage from all those hot summer days spent outside.
With summer quickly approaching, the above tips will keep your skin, hair and clothes looking their best.