1. Hello, welcome to my Money Making Mums Interview. Please tell me a little about who you are, where you’re from and where you blog.
Hi I’m Michelle, also known on Facebook as Money Saver Mom UK! I’m a forty something housewife and work from home mum! I live in North Warwickshire with my hubby and 7 year old son. My blog is www.timeandpence.com where I share ways to make money and save money with a little bit of family life and health thrown in.
2. This series is all about mums being able to make money from home. Can you tell me what you do from home to make money?
I have been self-employed for 15 years now and in that time I have done all sorts of things to make money, many of which I write about on my blog. I wish I had the time to do all of them but for now, I mainly concentrate on Matched Betting, Blogging and selling my art and crafts on-line. When I have some extra time, I try out new things that I read about so I can write about them on my blog.
3. What makes it suitable for mums?
Everything I do can be done from home working flexible hours, so it’s perfect for mums to fit around children. I can work during the day, evenings, weekends and even nights if I choose! Whatever hours I choose to work, I can.
4. What do you love about working from home?
I love the flexibility it gives me. My husband works shifts so I can work around those and if I choose to have a day off with him during the week, I can. I take my son to school every single day and pick him up too. If there is a Sports Day or Christmas Play, I don’t need to ask for time off. If he has a hospital appointment or if he’s ill, it’s no problem, I’m home to take care of him.
I also love not having to drive in traffic or go out on cold, wet days. There are just so many positives.
5. What are your top three negatives to working from home?
- Having a messy office in the house. I really need to tidy it up!
- Sometimes struggling to switch off at the end of the day.
- I’m struggling for a third to be honest because I love it and feel so lucky!
6. If you could only pick one, either working from home or working in an office for the rest of your life, which would you pick?
Working from home in a heartbeat! I don’t miss my office days, I don’t miss the commute, the stress, the lack of time or anything about it for that matter.
7. Lots of people say they’d find it hard to stay motivated if working alone at home. What keeps you motivated?
I think it’s easier to stay motivated when you enjoy what you do and can see results. I have clear goals and plans of what I want from my work and commit to doing what it takes to get me where I want to go. The results then help me to stay motivated. We all have our down days and on the days I lose motivation I pick up one of my Anthony Robbins books and read a few pages. That motivates me in no time!
8. Do you have a favourite quote to keep you inspired?
Yes, Anthony Robbins says, “If you go on doing what you’ve always done, you’ll go on getting what you’ve always gotten”. That’s true about everything really isn’t it.
9. Do you have any advice or words of wisdom to share with mums wanting to make their own income from home?
Make sure you have a separate space at home that you can work from, ideally somewhere you can shut the door at the end of the day when you finish work. Also, it helps to join Facebook communities where you can talk to other work from home mums. That way you will never feel lonely and always have a source of support and inspiration. Most of all, believe in yourself, set your goals and live the life you dream of.
Want to make some extra cash?
To get started, you can make money online with 60 methods I’ve tried and tested.
Just need £1000? Here’s how to make £1000 in one month at home.
Short on time? These methods can make money in one hour.
Want free cash? Here are loads of free money offers.
Subscribe to our free newsletter for the best free money offers, money-making and money-saving tips we discover!