Money Making Mums Blogger Interview: Paula from Mummy Vs Work
1. Hello, welcome to my Money Making Mums Interview. Please tell me a little about who you are, where you’re from and where you blog.
Hello & thank you for having me! I’m Paula & I’m based in Luton with my husband and our two children. I blog over at Mummy Vs Work.
2. This series is all about mums being able to make money from home. Can you tell me what you do from home to make money?
I do a variety of things from home to make a steady income; this includes my blog, matched betting, eBay sales and surveys to name a few!
3. What makes it suitable for mums?
It is flexible around the kids completely. My old role was very restraining on taking time off for plays or assemblies for example. Now I can work around those by either working before or after the kids go to bed or simply working a little harder on the other days that week.
4. What do you love about working from home?
As well as the kids flexibility, it means I can work around things for me too. So, if I’m a bit under the weather or need to go out and get things done these can be done around work during the day rather than rushing at weekends. It’s also lovely having time in the evenings with the kids to do things rather than rushing around doing stuff around the home.
5. What are your top three negatives to working from home?
Ooh that’s a tough one! There are only two I can think of!
Income – I always worry about making sure the money coming in covers the money going out!
No holiday/sick pay – there is no give or take; you have to earn it to cover the bills regardless of if you do a 20-day month or a 10 day month!
6. If you could only pick one, either working from home or working in an office for the rest of your life, which would you pick?
Working from home without a doubt!
7. Lots of people say they’d find it hard to stay motivated if working alone at home. What keeps you motivated?
Thankfully I have my husband at home so it’s not too bad but the thing that motivates us both is we don’t want to go back to working for someone else so it is a case of making this work or that!
8. Do you have a favourite quote to keep you inspired?
In the end we only regret the chances we didn’t take.
Not sure where the quote came from but it is my favourite and I use it to remind myself every day not to give up on my dream.
9. Do you have any advice or words of wisdom to share with mums wanting to make their own income from home?
Don’t be scared. Look around at all the different options there are and aim to make a little from lots of different ones building them up slowly as you go. You can do it!
Thanks so much to Paula for taking part in my Money Making series.
Want to make some extra cash?
Find loads of ways to make extra money at home on my blog, as well as my favourite side hustle in my matched betting blog.
To get started, you can make money online with 60 methods I’ve tried and tested.
Just need £1000? Here’s how to make £1000 in one month at home.
Short on time? These methods can make money in one hour.
Want free cash? Here are loads of free money offers.
Subscribe to our free newsletter for the best free money offers, money-making and money-saving tips we discover!