Every Friday I invite other bloggers and money making mums to share the ways busy parents can make money from home.
Welcome, tell me a little about who you are, where you’re from and introduce your blog.
Hi I am Asha Carlos the Owner and Lead Blogger at Yeah Lifestyle. Yeah Lifestyle is a lifestyle blog covering Cheshire, Staffordshire as well as Manchester areas. We do reviews, cover shows as well as share upcoming events that are happening around the area.
Tell me, how do you make money from home?
Through writing blog posts, reviews, offering affiliated links, banner placements and sponsored posts.
What makes it suitable for mums?
What are three benefits of working at home?
- Spending time working but still having flexibility that I am able to pop into my children's school for meetings or activities without asking for permission or applying for leave.
- Having the joy of being able to pop out for coffee with friends if I want to.
- Lastly, not having the stress of travelling to work and back on busy roads.
What are three negatives?
- I find that because I work from home, there are no set hours and I tend to work long hours which can be not a very good thing.
- Also my income depends on what job I get so not having a steady income means not knowing how much I will be making next month.
- I also find that I need to be disciplined enough to avoid too many coffee mornings with other mums and just concentrate on work.
If you could only pick one, working from home or going to an employed job for the rest of your life, which would you pick?
I would definitely pick working from home, as even though its long hours, I am able to fit around my children's school and after school activities and still do other house work at home while working. I could not do that if I worked elsewhere.
People say they find it hard to be productive working alone at home. What keeps you motivated?
Music, I have the radio on and basically knowing that if I don't keep working hard, then I have to go back to a full time job and the bills of course! You must find something to keep you motivated or else it’s not going to work. I find I can work well alone.
Do you have a favourite quote to keep you inspired?
It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light - Aristotle
What words of wisdom can you share with mums looking to make their own income from home?
It’s not going to be easy and it will take a while for you to see some income from blogging, so keep hold of the job first until you are secure enough to work from home fully.
Thank you so much for taking part in my interview series!
Want to get paid to blog?
Click for lots of ways to make money blogging!
Discover helpful blogging resources here!
Find lots of paid blogging opportunities here!
Want to make some extra cash?
To get started, you can make money online with 60 methods I’ve tried and tested.
Just need £1000? Here’s how to make £1000 in one month at home.
Short on time? These methods can make money in one hour.
Want free cash? Here are loads of free money offers.
Subscribe to our free newsletter for the best free money offers, money-making and money-saving tips we discover!