If you love deep rich chocolate milkshake then you're going to love this vegan friendly healthy chocolate milkshake recipe. It's packed full of goodness and no added sugar like prepackaged milkshakes and milkshake powders.
Instead it uses fresh healthy fruit, plant based milk and a superfood moringa powder to give it an extra boost of vitamins and minerals to really fuel and nourish your body!
The blueberries work wonders to bring out the intense chocolate flavour even more.
Read on to learn how to make your own delicious and healthy chocolate milkshake at home.
Vegan healthy chocolate milkshake recipe with moringa + blueberries
Ingredients for your delicious homemade chocolate milkshake
- 2 Frozen Bananas
- 4 Tablespoons Frozen Blueberries
- 1 Heaped Teaspoon Moringa Powder
- 1 Heaped Teaspoon Cacao Powder
- Coconut Milk (enough to fill your smoothie cup)
You can use fresh bananas and blueberries, but if some or all of them are frozen then this is how it makes a really luscious frozen style shake! Otherwise it's more like a smoothie!
You can also choose a different plant based milk, but I find the coconut makes it more sweet and milkshake like!
What are the health benefits of cacao?
Cacao is similar to cocoa powder, but it is cold pressed and much more unrefined. Therefore it is a lot better for you. Cacao powder is more pure and being less processed it retains many more nutrients than cocoa powder (which is usually heated by roasting reducing its nutritional value). Cacao is a superfood as it has a very high nutrient content, including many antioxidants.
- More antioxidants than red wine and green tea
- A rich source of minerals, especially magnesium
- Also a source of vitamins including vitamin C
- They contain Omega-6 fatty acids
- Can make you feel good thanks to its phenethylamine (PEA which is a neurotransmitter responsible for the feeling of love) and serotonin content
- It has a low GI so won’t spike your blood sugar levels
- Boosts energy and therefore reduces fatigue
What are the health benefits of moringa powder?
- Mood - alleviates depression, reduces stress, increases well-being, improves sleep, relieves anxiety, reduces tiredness & fatigue
- Body - increases energy, improves metabolism & digestion, detoxifies, promotes healthy growth & maintenance of muscle mass, supports healthy bones
- Healing & Prevention - boosts immune system, contributes to a normal blood pressure, protects stomach lining, has anti-inflammatory properties
Here are two more delicious drink recipes for moringa powder: