Wow, one month done of 2021 already and it’s not making this year look too dissimilar to 2020 yet is it?!
Things have been hectic here with homeschooling two kiddies and trying to work full-time from home. It’s been quite stressful and in the past week I’ve decided to stop stressing about homeschooling as it’s quite an impossible ask!
My husband and I both work from home, full-time (and then some), and so nothing in that regard has changed for us. We already struggled to get all our work done whilst the children were at school, so how we’re now meant to work with them at home and find extra time to homeschool is beyond me.
My eldest is eight, so she’s a lot easier. She can read and write and complete work by herself, with some checking afterwards. My youngest is five, so he is learning to read and write, so needs constant one-to-one help to complete his schoolwork. Plus he’s very resistant at us teaching him at home. He needs a school environment.
Anyway, it was all getting too crazy and hectic and I’d turned into constant angry and stressed mum which isn’t good. Making money and providing for my family is my priority, so the homeschooling is now taking a backseat for the sake of my mental health and my children’s happiness right now.
Some days I was trying to homeschool in the morning, then start working from midday right through to midnight with no down time, failing to switch off to go straight to sleep, then up and trying to do it all again. I work 12 hours some days, but usually 8-10 and on top of every other duty of being a parent (the breadwinning parent) and running a household, I really cannot add effective homeschooling into the mix as well.
Anyway, rant over!
Hopefully this month has been easier for you and if not, then I sympathise! I really do! Almost everyone has struggles at the moment, no matter what they are. I hope it will all be better soon.
Onwards and upwards...
To cheer everyone up I have another amazing giveaway this month for another whopping £100!
I’m really hoping I can bring a £100 giveaway every month for 2021 if things go well on my websites. It’s a thank you from me to you for supporting my blogs, social media and my giveaways.
What happened on the Lylia Rose blog last month?
Hopefully my blog helps you find lots of ways to make and save more money. There’s never been a better time to add an extra income stream to your monthly income or to try that side hustle you’ve been putting off.
If you need more money in the current lockdown then check out my blog post 19 ways I've made money at home during the lockdowns for some inspiration.
But first, let’s see what happened on the Lylia Rose money and lifestyle blog in January 2021:
- 19 ways I’ve made money from home during the coronavirus lockdown - This was originally from the November lockdown, so I updated this blog post so it’s relevant for this lockdown. I removed a couple of methods and added a couple of different ones, so it’s relevant for how I’m making money now.
- Trading 212 free share worth up to £100 - I updated this blog post too, as I had originally posted last year, to share how I’ve now had some free shares worth up to £40, so they don’t always give the lowest shares as the free share! Good for you if you were my reader who got the £40 free share - enjoy!
- Why you should be paying more attention to your SEO - if you have a business, then a great reminder of why SEO is ongoing and important for your online success.
- 3 eco-friendly subscription boxes I use and love - Another old post I updated to ensure it reflected three eco-friendly subscription boxes I am using right now! Razors, loo roll and natural deodorant. See the brands and how they are eco-friendly in the link.
- How to use the sharing economy to recession proof your finances - I found another way and updated this old blog post. Check it out to see how you can make money from ‘space’ at your property!
- Top three ways to unwind after a stressful day - very relevant right now!!
- Things to consider before becoming a landlord - thinking of becoming a landlord to make money? Check out these things to consider.
- Prepaid funeral plans: how do they work? - It’s not something we all want to think about, but planning for the future, especially if you have a family of your own, is very important.
- What is gap insurance and do you need it for your car? - Thinking of buying a brand new car. Lucky you! You might need gap insurance to protect the price you pay. Learn what it is in this blog post.
- Virtual date night ideas for all budgets - Valentine’s is fast approaching and we’re going to be in lockdown. Here are some virtual date night ideas if you can’t meet up with your other half in this lockdown or if you’re dating.
- Story Tyke: Get a FREE bedtime story for your child every evening - got to love a freebie that’s valuable! Free bedtime stories via email!
- Organic Aromas diffuser review - a beautiful and natural way to scent your home
- What to buy a newborn: gift ideas for all budgets - is there a newborn on the way? Here are some great gift ideas no matter how much you have to spend.
- How to save money on engagement rings - Lots of ways to save money on engagement rings if you’re planning to pop the big question!
- How to save money when renovating and decorating your home - Something we have a lot of experience of and can happily share tips on how to save some money if you’re planning a big DIY or renovating job.
- Win cash for free with Pick My Postcode free daily lottery - a chance to win cash, for free, every single day!
- How to create an eco-friendly and money saving home office - home offices are something lots of people are creating now as more people shift to being allowed to work from home.
And that’s a wrap. There were some more too, but these are probably the most useful right now!
Easily make money from home and save more money!
If you’re looking for ways to make more money and useful saving tips, then give my personal finance blog a good read!
My top menu will help you find what you’re looking for.
Give my matched betting blog a read to see how you can start making money right away with this amazing tax-free money making method. You don’t need to know anything about sports or betting. I share the company I used to make it super easy and extract a profit from bookies offers. It legit and I share links to national newspapers who have also given it a try or shared how it’s totally legal and best of all, tax-free.
If that’s not your cup of tea then see my blog post 60 ways to make money online where you’re sure to find at least one way of making extra cash at home if you need to.
The below blog posts will get you started and there are plenty more on my blog - over 2000 blog posts!
There will be a way for you to make money that suits you, I’m sure!
Here are some of the best.
- Get £5 free cash!
- 60 ways to make money online
- List of 8 apps that turn UK receipts to cash
- 3 tips for cheaper car insurance
- How to get free money UK
- How to cut your gas + electric bills
- How to make money in one hour
- 50% off Pizza Hut Delivery 7 days a week!
- How to make £1000 in a month online
- Some of the best refer a friend schemes in the UK
Have you got your free £5 cash yet? If you’re in the UK then it's really easy and costs you nothing!
Enter here to win £100 free cash to your PayPal
Now, time for the giveaway....
The cash will be sent to a PayPal account only. If you don’t have a GBP PayPal then you may be charged a foreign transaction fee.
There is no limit on the number of entries per person. Follow the instructions for multiple entries and daily entry options with new options being added throughout the month!
Bookmark this page and return daily for even more entries!
- There will be one winner
- The cash prize will only be sent to your PayPal account
- The winner will be picked at random by Rafflecopter & notified by email within 28 days
- The prize must be claimed within 28 days of the first notification email or it will be forfeited
- There is no limit on the number of entries per person. Follow the instructions for multiple entries. Return daily for even more entry options.
- All entries must be received by the date and time specified.
- This giveaway is open worldwide.
Please pin me!