How to save money
Huge list of blog posts + money saving articles handpicked from my UK money blog with tips + tricks to help you save more money.
Discover new tips + advice you might not have thought of to boost your savings accounts, along with handy websites and apps that help you to save money on your everyday shopping both in-store and online.
Discover family finance tips for how to save money on your lifestyle and purchases.
This page contains affiliate links and ads.
Please share this page with your friends and family:
Save money on shopping with cashback:
Cashback is one of the best ways to save money on your online shopping and day-to-day household spending. My only regret is not signing up to cashback sites sooner as it's the easiest way to save hundreds of pounds a year on things you buy anyway.
I don't just save money on online shopping like clothes and household goods, but also groceries, travel, holidays, booking MOTs, insurances and utilities.
If you can buy it or book it online and it's from a well-known retailer then you can probably get cashback on your purchase :)
In three years we got over £1200 in cashback, so we're saving around £400 per year on our normal household purchases. Amazing!
Read more about cashback and the sites we use by clicking the buttons below.
Save money on household bills + utilities:
Helpful blog posts to help you save money on utility and household bills with generous discount codes, money saving tips and how to haggle to get your media bills reduced :)
Websites that can help you save money:
There are so many money saving websites out there which is great for your personal finances and ensuring you never spend more than you need to. Get started by reading the articles and visiting the websites below:
- Save money online shopping with TopCashback
- Save money online shopping with Quidco
- Shop all your favourite fashion sales in one place with Love the Sales
- Sell your house for free with Strike (previously Housesimple)
- Save money online shopping with Honey
- Slash review: instant price reductions online + £5 bonus
Save money on kids entertainment:
There's no doubt about it, having kids is expensive. Luckily these apps, websites and ideas will help you to save money on family days out, family travel, family entertainment and more.
Check out these articles for lots of ways to start saving money around the house. Many of the ways you can save money in the home are also eco-friendly too. So it's a win for the planet and your wallet :)
- 13 eco-friendly ways to start saving money in the kitchen
- Save time and money on your laundry with Ecoegg
- Eufy Robovac 30c review and £40 off discount code
- How to save money on household appliances
- 5 ways you can reduce your kitchen waste today to save money
- Easy ways to save money around the house whilst being eco-friendly
- Save money in the home using these DIY Tips from Ben at Wood Create
- 3 ways to save money by future proofing your garden
- 5 great ways to save time and money in the garden
- Global 1st eco friendly homewares 25% off discount code
- How to save money on your mortgage
- How to save money when renovating and decorating your home
- Save money by upcycling dining chairs instead of buying new. Here's what we did.
- 5 money saving cleaning tips
- Genius energy-saving bedroom hacks that will help you save money
- First home buyer tips
How to boost your savings + tips to save an emergency fund:
Save money on your car + insurance:
Sometimes one of the best ways to save more money is to assess your spending, stop wasting money and make cutbacks on things you don't really need. Other ways are to make sure you are maximising your money with the right bank accounts such as loyalty accounts. These tips will get you started.
Where to find new customer sign up offers + save money online
- Save money with these simple lifestyle changes
How to make your workout more eco-friendly and cost-effective
- How cutting back on plastic benefits your life and saves money
- How to spend money to save money
- Remember to take your medication with the free Safe and Sound Pill Reminder app
- 10 money tips to keep your finances healthy during COVID-19 + beyond
- How working from home can save money
- How to stop overspending at Christmas
- How to save money as a student